Sunday, November 04, 2007

My Finger Is Fractured



About 3 weeks ago I was juggling 3 flair bottles (1 liter liquer bottles) and one of them jammed my finger when I reached to catch it. My finger hurt a bit when it first happened and the days following, but recently the pain has subsided for the most part. I simply can't extend my finger.

The doctor showed me my x-rays a few moments ago. He told me I have an "aversion fracture". I took pictures of my own before going to see the doctor. The first picture above is of my left pinky finger fully extened. The second picture is of my right pinky finger attempting to do the same thing. In the x-rays, the bone looks as if it slipped out of place.

The doctor gave me a little splint to keep my finger extended. He said I should come back in a week to have him look again. He said I'll probably have the splint on for 3-4 weeks.


Quote of the Day
I think people don't place a high enough value on how much they are nurtured by doing whatever it is that totally absorbs them. ~Jean Shinoda Bolen

5 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I feel for you. Remember my finger last year at Corvallis? It's STILL bent like crazy and hurts sometimes. It doesn't affect my juggling too much except for throwing multiplexes from that hand. I have to be more deliberate in my grip. Ugh.

Do your thing brother. The blog is cool. And yes, I made friends with the first juggler I met--Brian Hershey. I sent him a copy of the JUGGLE Magazine cover.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Ed Provencher said...

Maybe you should see a doctor again if you still have pain. I wonder if it was the same finger as me. I have pain when I do multiplexes too.

Thanks for visiting and leaving kind remarks!

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your site, so much so that I've linked you on mine: Juggling is a Snap! - The Blog

Here's another juggling learning site for you. The niche is simple - it's the most gradual instruction on the Internet. If you or your readers want to learn, click here: Juggling is a Snap!. Or, click here:Juggling is a Snap! - The Blog, if you just can't get enough of Juggling is a Snap! You'll find more about juggling instruction, theory, and practice. Finally, if you'd like a more condensed version of the Juggling is a Snap! lessons, click here: Juggling is a Snap! - Lite

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Neasa said...

I found your blog looking for pics of fractured fingers! Guess what I'm just back from casualty with??? A door slammed on mine. Ouch! Hope you're feeling better soon.
Neasa in Ireland

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Ed Provencher said...

My finger is still crooked, but it doesn't hurt. Good luck to you in your recovery!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home