Friday, April 18, 2008

Juggling's value to one's self

In this post I will try to share some brief thoughts about the value of juggling to one's self. The value to one's self can be divided into two simple categories: physical/mental health, and social health.

(1) the value of juggling to one's self
(a) physical/mental health
(b) social health

If you juggle consistently for 30 minutes or more, you can increase your heart rate and work up a sweat. I think this kind of juggling could count as exercise. Everyone knows exercise is good for you

In terms of mental health, you could say juggling invigorates one's spirit. I know it does that for me, especially when I have had a particularly good practice session. Juggling can simply be good fun. A life with no time for immersing one's self into a pastime is sad. Writing this makes me think of the millions of people who are in that situation

Now I will make some points about the social health benefits of juggling.

If juggling is done in a public location, passersby have a chance to enjoy your pastime with you. The simple fact that you are playing where others can see you creates a good social vibe.

If people organize clubs for jugglers, you get to meet people whom you can share part of your life with, and maybe create lifelong friendships. Humans need social bonds.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Perry said...

I find juggling inspires me because it proves to me all the amazing things I can do, and all the really incredible things that I can't. There is always a new challenge and no matter how good you get, you can always get better.

Great post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home