Sunday, September 18, 2005

5 Ball 3-up 360

I finally hit this move on August 13, 2005. Just about 5 weeks ago. Since then, I've hit it once or twice each week. Yesterday, I hit it 4 times during practice. I believe that the feeling-oriented imagery I've been doing has helped me to get this move to work. All the countless hours of practice didn't hurt the effort either.

Exciting times for me with juggling.

I've also been able to get a 5 Ball 3-up 180 on two occasions. These two moves are so closely related that it doesn't surpise me that I've figured them out at the same time.

I'm starting to be able to go from 5 Ball Cascade to Half Shower and back to the Cascade pattern. This is awesome because it means I don't have to stop and get set for every damn move I execute.

My five ball moves are all making improvements right now, so it's definitely a "high" in my training.

I've also gotten interested in site swaps (numerical notation for juggling moves). It's been just over 20 months and 2 weeks since I began juggling. Site swaps are a little confusing for a beginner, but now I see how much fun they can be to figure out - kinda like a brain teaser but for juggling, and I can see how my juggling can improve from practicing them - since site swaps have a lot of mixed up types of throws. These will improve my technical juggling ability.

Matt Hall has a list of site swaps here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home