Sunday, September 18, 2005

Inspiration

I recently found out about a guy named Ruben Gonzales. This guy decided to become an Olympic athlete at the age of 21. Nobody believed a person could walk into a sport he had never heard of before at the old age of 21 and make it to the Olympics. Ruben chose to learn how to do the winter sport of luge. He went to 3 Olympic games! Now he is a motivational speaker and a role model for me and my future.

As soon as I get the money, I'm going to buy his book "The Courage To Succeed" to help me in my pursuit of getting to the World Juggling Federation competition in 2010.

Another guy who is very inspiring to me is Matt Hall. I found out about him at the 2004 Portland Juggling Festival when he emceed the event. Matt didn't start juggling until he was about 27 years old and within 6 years he had won a silver medal at the International Juggling Association competition in 2003. He has travelled around the world to juggle at festivals and is still going strong.

I finally found his website this week and I emailed him to ask a few questions about his journey so I can use his experience to propel me to the WJF in 2010. He replied the very next day and has offered to discuss my questions in person over a beer during the Portland Juggling Festival! Holy Shit!

I had better spend a little time thinking about what I want to get out of our talk...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home