Thursday, December 08, 2005

Individual Tricks Revisited

After 7 weeks of working strictly on routines with 3, 4, and 5 balls I have returned to the good ol' individual trick practices. Well, sort of. I now start my practice with a run through my routines and then go through a regimented training system that allows me to focus on individual tricks for longer periods of time with thinking about transitions between moves.

The result... I have blown through my old personal records for individual tricks for every trick! The timing of this transition from routine practice to individual trick practice has come sooner than I had planned, however it is a needed change of pace. Routines have been fun and eye-opening to the possibilities, thrills, and challenges they offer, but like all things, becomes stale after a while.

So I'm going to see how long I can do individual trick practices before they get stale. That way I can get a really good idea of how much time (realistically) I can plan to spend in each phase of my training. My guess up front is 6-8 weeks.

Quote of the Day
The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail. ~Napoleon Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home