Tuesday, June 27, 2006

5b "Helping" Patterns

I've noticed that people like to suggest that you practice certain patterns with 3 or 4 balls that will help you learn 5 ball cascade more quickly. It has been suggested to me to practice the 3b snake, 4b 55550, and 4b 5551 or 55514.

I never quite enjoyed doing these practice patterns for 5b cascade. I simply worked at 5b cascade until I was able to do it.

I like doing these patterns now, after learning 5b cascade. I think it's because I understand the timing of the 5b cascade and I can apply that to the "helping" patterns.

Quote of the Day
People who believe they have the power to exercise some measure of control over their lives are healthier, more effective and more successful than those who lack faith in their ability to effect changes in their lives. ~Albert Bandura

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 ball shower made a big difference for me, especially left handed. And doing 50505 (three up, hand-clap) continuously helped as well.

Especially when you start for 5 clubs, doing smaller numbers really helps.

Marcel.

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another one for the pot...

522


... where you pump your arms for the 2's.

Not that i used it for learning 5, but the equivalent(s) for 7 have helped: 72222, 77222 77722

 

Post a Comment

<< Home