Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Thank God for juggling festivals

I've been able to catch up on my sleep and I'm ready to talk about the IJA festival in Portland, at least the two days of it that I attended. I'm both upset and immensely satisfied with the week.

I'm upset because I was too exhausted from work to attend my friend David Sallee's "Stickman" glow ball performance on Tuesday night, and because I was too tired to attend the festival on Thursday night, and because I was too sick on Friday to attend.

I'm immensely satisfied because I was able to muster the energy to attend the festival on Saturday and Sunday. I was able to catch up with some of my juggling friends from around the country, and I was able to juggle for a very long time. I've been swamped with an important project at work which I have chosen to be more important than juggling for the past 3 weeks, so this was such a relief for me. Back to normal on the 4th!

I'm also very happy that so many people were willing to offer advice and support to help make the Corvallis Juggling Festival a reality. The OSU Jugglers are in the process of planning this festival for March 2007 and we've got some great ideas for it already. At the moment, I can say that I'd love to have Vanillatown emcee the main show, and have Matt Hall and Aaron Greg attend as well.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Corvallis, Oregon is at the center of the best juggling community in the country. We've got the Victoria University Juggling Club at the far north, the Cascade Jugglers in Seattle, Portland Jugglers, Oregon State University Jugglers, University of Oregon Juggling Club, and Humboldt Juggling Club in northern California all within about 8 hours drive of Corvallis. Victoria, Seattle, Portland, and Humboldt all hold annual festivals. I wonder if we should call it the Northwest Juggling Festival in honor of that? We shall see.




The Big Toss Up

Quote of the Day

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what
you have to do. ~Epictetus, c.A.D. 50 - c.A.D. 138

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home