Monday, July 03, 2006

WJF III Workshops

This WJF event looks like it is packed with workshops. I think this is great, except I'm probably not going unless I spend $345 for plane tickets, gas to Portland, and parking for five days. On top of that, I'd have to convince some convention attendee to let me buy some floor space from them or sleep in the car. Is that legal? Oh and I'd have to eat too which could be done rather cheaply if I bought giant loaves of bread and drank water. Last but not least, the convention package costs $195 which officially puts it out of the affordable range... over $500.

I'm thinking about spending what would have been my WJF III convention money on a djembe so I can take free drumming lessons with the local drum circle group Common Pulse. I've always wanted to be a part of a drum circle group. So that would take care of one of my life dreams which is a suitable substitute for missing the workshops and competitions of the WJF III. I guess it's not so bad after all.

Quote of the Day
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once. ~Oprah Winfrey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home