Saturday, December 24, 2005

Pushing Addictions a.k.a. Teaching Juggling

Yesterday I got to go to Connally High in Waco, Texas to teach some students to juggle for a stage show that they need to juggle in.

The first thing I did was warn them about juggling being very addictive. I remember when I first started juggling (almost two years ago) and I would juggle for 30-45 minutes at a time or whenever there was a dull moment. Soon after, I began to ask myself, "Am I wasting time or am I investing time?" To me, playing video games is a waste of time and I wasn't sure if juggling was different. Well, you can see what I decided. Juggling is addictive and it is positive, it's a positive addiction.

After my warning I showed the students some basic patterns, gave some tips on practicing, and demonstrated some harder tricks before saying goodbye.

Who would have thought that pushing addictions, I mean teaching juggling, would be so much fun?

Quote of the Day
The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards. ~Anatole France

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home