Thursday, August 10, 2006

Recent Juggling Highlights

I'm starting to get the transition from 5b cascade into (6x 4) more often. You simply throw a 7, 5, 7 then start (6x 4).

I got 20 throws of 5b cascade overhead this week, a new personal record. Still have a little trouble transitioning from 5b cascade to the overhead throws.

Performed a warm-up show for Oregon State University's outdoor theatre production of Romeo & Juliet last night. Three more shows this week and another four next week! The OSU Jugglers passed the hat and made $43 for the club. Looks like it could be a lucrative endeavor.

Quote of the Day
Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

4 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been working on that transition as well. Technically, the throws should be 6x, 5, 6x. The difference isn't huge, but I find that it does help me if I keep it in mind.

I'm having a real hard time getting back out of (6x, 4)* and back into the cascade, though. I know you're supposed to throw a (6x, 5), but it's difficult for me to get the heights right.

On rare occasions, I'll throw it up and it'll all makes sense and work, but usually it just makes a mess and goes all over the place.

Any tips?

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Ed Provencher said...

My buddy Dave Sallee discovered that you can throw a 6, 4 and go back into cascade. It also works for going into (6x 4) from cascade.

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, that does seem to work a bit easier!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger David Sallee said...

Yep, it is a pretty good transition, and nice that it works for getting into it and out of it. Sometimes simple really *IS* the best way to go.

$43 for passing the hat?

Man, that's nothing. I once did a show and we got over $100 from passing the hat!

Oh wait, you were in that show too ;-)

Keep up the great work, and let's see if we can get a bit more for the club this week!

Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home