Thursday, February 15, 2007

Practice Quotes

It's all about practice. It's not like a... We don't have buttons to push and make it like magicians, you know? Some magic tricks you can buy it, push buttons and it works. Here is not... I don't have a secret. So it's all about time, all about practice... years and years of practice, you know?

~Sergey Ignatov Jr.

2004 World Juggling Federation Ring Division Champion

They aren't jugglers, but everyone has to practice and the advice is sound for us, too. They don't all agree, each person is different and has different methods that courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave. work for them. Most of us could practice more, but there is a limit where additional practice doesn't make sense, either physically or mentally. For most people this is around the six to eight hour mark of daily practice. If you have an inspired session going and it ends up being a ten hour practice, good for you; but that is near impossible to do day after day. The body or the mind will suffer if you did it for too long.

People who write about spring training not being necessary have never tried to throw a baseball.

~Sandy Koufax, Baseball player

Practice means to perform, over and over again in the face of all obstacles, some act of vision, of faith, of desire. Practice is a means of inviting the perfection desired.

~Martha Graham, American Dancer, Choreographer, 1894-1991

Practice is the best of all instructors.

~Publilius Syrus, Roman author, 85-43 B.C.

It's not necessarily the amount of time you spend at practice that counts; it's what you put into the practice.

~Eric Lindros, Canadian ice hockey player

When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win.

~Ed Macauley, Basketball player

Practice as if you are the worst, perform as if you are the best.

~Unknown

Everything you need to get that relaxed driving that brings consistency only comes with practice.

~John Surtees

The heart of a human being is no different from the soul of heaven and earth. In your practice always keep in your thoughts the interaction of heaven and earth, water and fire, yin and yang.

~Morihei Ueshiba

In every age of well-marked transition, there is the pattern of habitual dumb practice and emotion which is passing and there is oncoming a new complex of habit.

~Alfred North Whitehead

Apathy can be overcome by enthusiasm, and enthusiasm can only be aroused by two things: first, an ideal, with takes the imagination by storm, and second, a definite intelligible plan for carrying that ideal into practice.

~Arnold J. Toynbee

I have my daily priories. My main priority is to practice; my second priority is to process orders. After that, I just see what is left to do. I have a very organized day.

~Michael Schenker

You can practice 2 hours one day and only 1/2 hour the next day.

~Mark Robson

You learn to see by practice. It's just like playing tennis, you get better the more you play. The more you look around at things, the more you see. The more you photograph, the more you realize what can be photographed and what can't be photographed. You just have to keep doing it.

~Eliot Porter

I don't really practice. I don't really play enough. I've been caught up in a lot of business stuff.

~Van Morrison

Practice every time you get a chance.

~Bill Monroe

If someone wants to play music you do not have to get a ruler or whips to make them practice.

~Thelonious Monk

If I don't practice the way I should, then I won't play the way that I know I can.

~Ivan Lendl

One day of practice is like one day of clean living. It doesn't do you any good.

~Abe Lemons

1 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Dedwarmo said...

My favorite is "When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win. ~Ed Macauley, Basketball player"

When I get discouraged and keep failing at a trick or pattern the one thing that keeps me going is that I know that if I did it once I will be able to do it again. The more I do it the better I will get. I'm not a very good juggler, but I remember that there was a day when I never would have imagined that I could be as good as I am today."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home