Wednesday, October 03, 2007

New props, the journey begins

I finally have all three of the props that I will use to create a stage performance with. Since it's super top secret, I won't tell you what the props are, but I will say the performance will be in the style of Steven Ragatz's "Red Hat & Ball" routine amoung others of his. The goal is to play a regular looking character that manipulates objects in the immediate environment.

Living in Korea really makes it difficult to find practice space during the winter and the rainy season, so this will be a challenge for me. Also, when I do get to an indoor practice area, two of the three props I've chosen for my act make A LOT of noise when I drop them. I'll be lucky if I can find a space where this won't bother others.

In addition to the challenge of finding suitable practice spaces, I have the equally hard challenge of choreographing a performance. There are so many elements that I will need to think about. I hope that I can simplify as much as possible in the beginning and allow myself to grow with the act. For sure, I will only do the easiest of tricks. My audience, the people I hope to entertain, are non-jugglers. This means I can keep the trick difficulty level very low and within my skill range at the moment.

This is a very exciting time for me as I am about to begin a journey into stage performances. My hope is to polish this act enough to take it to juggling festivals' renegade shows around the world in my Do What You Love Tours. I have two years to practice and develop it. Wish me luck!

Quote of the Day
Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home