Monday, October 03, 2005

Juggling Clubs (Organiztions)

It took me about 8 months of juggling on my own before I looked into the Corvallis Juggling & Unicycling Club here in Corvallis. I think I saw an advertisement in the Parks & Recreation booklet of things to do for fun in Corvallis.

I figured I could see some better jugglers and learn a thing or two from them. I had no idea how much more I would get from becoming an active member of the club.

I've received a ton of support, advice, and instruction about performing and doing certain tricks. I've also laughed a lot while listening to the funnier types banter while they juggle. I've met people who are very different than me except our love of juggling and become friends with them.

It's difficult to measure the benefit of participating in the local community juggling club, but I know it's been great for me and hopefully for them too.

I've had so much fun with the Corvallis Club that I have been working on creating a juggling club for Oregon State University where I work and eventually will go back to school.

It's taken a year of talking it up and promoting it to get it to where I can h0nestly say that we will have our club this fall. I haven't done it alone either. A few of the Corvallis Club jugglers have volunteered their time to be instructors for the club and are going to make the club way better than if it were just my ideas and dreams.

To sum it up... participating in a juggling club has been a wonderful experience for me. So much so that I have created another juggling club for the students of Oregon State University. I believe that the social experience of being around different people who share a common passion is a great way to spend an evening.

Join a club in your area and if none exists, create one because it's worth it.

Quote of the Day
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can’t find them, make them. ~George Bernard Shaw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home