Friday, November 18, 2005

The Power of Full Engagement

I just finished reading the book The Power of Full engagement by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz. I think it's worth recommending. The basic premise in this book is that we perform at our best when we have balance in our lives in the Physical, Emotional, Spiritual, and Mental areas. It's the balance between stress and recovery, between work and rest. Only by fully disengaging can we fully re-engage with an activity.

These ideas help me to feel better about skipping a 6am practice session once and a while to sleep in and catch up on rest. They help me feel better about skipping a weekend practice session to spend time with my family. They help me to see the value of spending time away from juggling. When I take breaks from my training I get to live a fuller life and when I get back to training I get to perform feeling fully rested and up for new challenges.

Quote of the Day
Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home