Saturday, October 15, 2005

Breaking in the Fergies

I got myself some Fergie Props a few months ago but I am only now trying to break them in. They are the 2 and 3/4 inch versions. When I ordered them, I was using this size of prop and it made sense to order these, but since ordering them I've begun using 3 inch Ruby Props. So I never really used the Fergies despite paying for them and the fact that they are quality props.

Since I'm becomming more into the performance elements of juggling, I have decided to break in the Fergies. They are white and much more visible in certain conditions than my Rubys. I still want to get some 3 inch versions of the Fergie Props, which I was able to check out at the Portland Juggling Festival this year, but it seems that Mr. Fergie is not making anymore at this point in time.

I've found a company that does a very similar prop called Sport Juggling Co. The problem with their props is that they weigh 186 grams! 3 inch Fergies are 167 grams. The props I use now are 147 grams and give me a workout. I guess I'll have to build biceps like Jason Garfield. lol.

In the meantime, the Fergies I have are definitely going to improve my juggling. Since they are smaller, I have to concentrate on grabbing them more than I do with the 3 inch Rubys. I've found that when I switch from the Fergies to the Rubys at the end of my practice, the Rubys are so much easier to grab.

Quote of the Day
You must begin to think about becoming the person you want to be. ~David Viscott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home