Saturday, October 22, 2005

Raquetball Court Bliss



I still consider myself a newbie in the juggling world... just less than 22 months of juggling experience. This may not come to be a surprise to anyone but I have discovered the wonderful thing called racquetball courts.

I’ve seen people juggling in racquetball courts on videos but never considered trying them out. Since I’ve moved back indoors for my training I’ve been forced to deal with “non-jugglers” getting in my way. I use the Oregon State University recreational center (ultra-mega-huge) and the best place to practice I had found was on the badminton courts.

I never really felt bad about taking up an entire court for myself even though I wasn’t playing badminton. However, one grows tired of telling people that you were there first, you have a right to juggle on the badminton courts, and they can sit, wait, and watch until I’m done.

Hence, the motivation to try the racquetball courts enters my life.

Now I’m asking myself, “Where have you been all my life?” I love the racquetball courts. There are 8 of them and they are never completely full… never even ¾ full.



Here are the wonderful benefits of practicing in a racquetball court:

  • Privacy, no one to interrupt you
  • Excellent lighting, not too bright but well lit
  • White/Off-white walls, great visibility of darker props
  • High Ceilings
  • Smooth Floor Surface, great for spin moves

Quote of the Day

Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal ~Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz, The Power of Full Engagement

1 Comments:

At 3:38 AM, Blogger krballboy said...

I offen saw that professional jugglers practice at here.
it is really a good juggling spot.but i don't have practiced juggling so far.
Do you know ctjuggles in youtube?
I think he made juggling spot in house and have passion of juggling.
some day I want to make it like him.

Today, do you have a good time?
I know dancers of korea are famous for ability.:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home