Wednesday, September 27, 2006

1000 days of juggling

Today is my 1,000th day of being a juggler. I was able to juggle with my buddy James in Korea today. We filmed ourselves passing clubs in the middle of a rice field. We decided we were going to create a video of ourselves juggling all around Korea. There's lots to see here and there's lots of great locations to film juggling.

I discovered that James and I have similar ambitions with juggling. We are both seriously planning on saving a lot of our money from teaching English this year and going on a world juggling tour afterwards.

I dreamed of doing this a while back when I was trying to think of what I would want to do, besides spending time with family, if I found out I only had 6 months of healthy living before I would drop dead. I came to the decision that I would travel around the world doing juggling performances and call my show the "Do What You Love World Juggling Tour" so that I could share my passion with as many people as possible. The message is obvious... do what you love because there's only so much time we get to live our lives.

So when James told me he was planning on doing something similar, I realized that I might have found a partner for the tour. James has the skills and the personality to be a great performer, and I think he'd make a great travelling partner.

We'll see what happens as time goes by.

Quote of the Day
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~Mark Twain

4 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger David Sallee said...

Congrats, Ed!!!

You've done very well for your first 1000 days. I'm sure great things are in store for the next 1000!

Follow that dream!

I did check on how many days I've been juggling and came up with 8,278 :-)

Keep the posts coming and looking forward to the videos!

Dave

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger David Sallee said...

Congrats, Ed!!!

You've done very well for your first 1000 days. I'm sure great things are in store for the next 1000!

Follow that dream!

I did check on how many days I've been juggling and came up with 8,278 :-)

Keep the posts coming and looking forward to the videos!

Dave

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Perry said...

Ed,

It sounds like you're having a great adventure out in Korea. 1000 days. Have you juggled each day? Good luck with the world juggling tour. And thanks for the "6 months to live" idea. I'll have to think about what I'd do.

Perry
Just Your Average Joggler

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Daniel Youngs said...

Wow! I just found your blog. I've been teaching in Korea for 6 months, in Anseong (an hour outside of Seoul) and you've inspired me to learn to juggle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home