Sunday, August 27, 2006

NW Juggling Festival

I have good news for jugglers in the NW region of the United States (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Northern California) and those jugglers who like to travel long distances for juggling festivals.

There will be no Portland Juggling Festival in 2006 due to the city having just hosted this year's IJA, so this is an opportunity for a replacement festival. The OSU Jugglers Club aims to produce such a replacement. The OSU Jugglers Club is going to work toward bringing a new festival to Corvallis, Oregon, the home of Oregon State University. The dates are tentatively set for March 22-25, 2007.

We had originally thought to call it the Corvallis Juggling Festival in honor of the host city, however, we feel that the title NW Juggling Festival inspires the sense of pride that jugglers from this region have. No doubt, Corvallis will be honored by the presence of massive numbers of jugglers. And Corvallis is truly a juggler friendly town. To demonstrate this, David Sallee, famous for his Fatboy Slim video contest entry and his performance of Stickman at this year's IJA in Portland will be putting together promotional videos for the festival. These videos will show the many great places to eat, drink, and juggle that are unique to Corvallis.

I'm excited about the process of planning a festival. I'm even more excited that, even though I am leaving the country in a couple of weeks, I will be able to contribute to the effort from a distance through making contacts, networking people together, and maintaining the vision.

One thought that has recently crossed my mind is for me to put together a NW Juggling Festival blog. I find blogging to be easy and fun, so I'm sure that I'd be able to make it work.

Anyway, one of the roles that I have volunteered for is obtaining performers. So if you are a performer and would like to join us at the NW Juggling Festival in Corvallis next March, let me know. If you want to be involved in any way, send me an email.

Quote of the Day
Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. ~Albert Einstein

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home