Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Impromptu juggling

Yesterday, I had a job interview in Seoul. While I was waiting for my contact to come pick me up, I was doing some contact juggling to pass the time. Some young Korean men were in awe and started to video tape me on their cell phones. So, I decided it would be a good place to run through my 1,2,3 ball routine. A small crowd formed... I was dropless throughout... I love doing this.

As I go through the process of finding a job here in Korea, I am reminded of the values I have as a juggler. I didn't learn these skills without practice. I have become less committed in my search for the high paying jobs and more committed to finding a job that is in Seoul (where I can easily catapult a weekly juggling club), and has very little working hours but still gets paid a minimum of 2.0 million won. FYI, 2.0 is on the low end around here, but is more than I've ever made in the USA.

Quote of the Day
To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive. ~Robert Louis Stevenson


1 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Perry said...

It's bold to go to a foreign country without even a job. I sometimes wish I did it, but I guess I'm not that adventureous. Thanks for keeping us posted. How about a video of the 1,2,3 routine?

Perry
Just Your Average Joggler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home