Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ah Yes... Juggling

My mind has been occupied with finding a job here in Korea, so that's my excuse for not updating my blog for the last 30 days. Ouch!

Do not worry, for your next installment of juggling talk on I Can't Stop Juggling has arrived.

I am happy to announce that there is a juggling club in Seoul that has at least 5 Koreans in it. Pretty small club for a city of 10 million people. Don't worry, I'm working on increasing the numbers. How, you ask? By rallying the foreign jugglers! I've already met two jugglers via Dave's ESL Cafe forum and one of them has a couple of friends that are interested too.

I was hoping that jugglebugjames, my juggler host, would be able to attract more people to Korea, but his latest post about Juggle Stay in Korea seemed a bit rude. See for your self here. Now I'm hoping people will forget about Jame's comments and reconsider when it warms up again in Korea.

My mind is searching for an appropriate t-shirt design for the Seoul Juggling Club. Right now, all I can think of is having a picture of a skeleton or a reaper juggling some artist's depiction of souls.

I've been carrying my juggling thingies and 100mm Mr. Babache stage balls with me everywhere. Just this morning, I was waiting for an interview so I started juggling at the subway. I drew a small crowd and potentially recruited a bilingual Korean man to the Seoul Juggling Club.

I'm literally just hours away from signing a contract to teach English in an area that is practically in the center of Seoul. My juggling up until now has been limited as I don't have a routine lifestyle. Once I get settled into my new apartment and find a gymnasium, I'll be able to get back into regular daily practice sessions.

I'm soooo ready to start working on some more advanced stuff too. I think, but am not sure, that doing public performances helps your skills level dramatically. Maybe it just helps your confidence. Either way, I'm feeling the upswing of the learning curve.

More to come...

Quote of the Day
It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~Herman Melville

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Dedwarmo said...

Do you have any videos of your own juggling?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home