Sunday, January 14, 2007

2007 Goals

Last Updated 8/12/2007

These goals have been completely erased and re-written. The things I set out to accomplish at the beginning of the year are not the things driving me. I think I've targeted the wrong things. I don't know why. I guess sometimes you don't really know what will satisfy you until you reach for it. With 4 months left in the year, the following are my accomplished goals and goals for the remainder of the year.

I'm most proud of learning all the different 4b multiplex patterns and creating the video of them. Learning to do some box tricks has been rewarding. Bouncing was fun while I was doing it, but have not given it proper time to continue to develop my skills.

I'm certain at this point that I will continue to focus on learning 4b multiplex patterns so that I can make another video. I'm also going to start working on more 5b multiplex patterns.

I will continue to practice box tricks until I can put a routine sequence together with them.

I bought a hat and would like to be able to put a very small routine sequence together with it.

In a month, I will get some flair bottles and begin practicing bottle tricks.

I will continue to work on clubs, but mostly simple tricks. Hopefully I can find someone to do some passing with on a regular basis. I am not very good at passing, but I think it can be fun to do and to watch.

Eventually, throughout next year, I plan to put together a stage show using the hat, bottles, and boxes.


GOALS

Various
Film myself juggling (Accomplished - See Video)


5 more siteswaps
--75661 (Acomplished)

4 balls
10 more siteswaps

I have accomplished the following 4b goals:

4b multiplex patterns

23[43]
23[54]51
23[53]3
5 22[53] 3
1[54]51
24[54]1
24[54]14
1[54]24
5 22[54]61
1[54]2
24[64]13
1[65]22
2 6[65]120
1[74]242
522[43]
6421[43]
1[43]
23[64]23
23[64]41
23[65]31
1[64]23
41[64]41


3 balls
5 new siteswaps

I have accomplished the following 3 ball goals:

23[54]01
23[54]013

Boxes
15 new tricks with 3 boxes

I have accomplished the following box goals:

Middle box take-out (up and down)
End box take-out (up and down)
Hand across
Center box spins (all axis)
Tumble
False tumble
Verticle balance transfer
Magnets (up and down)


Bounce
10 siteswaps with 3b or 4b
5b lift

I have accomplished the following bounce goals:

3 balls
3b lift
3b force
3b lift one hand cascade
3b lift one hand column
3b lift one hand column double
3b lift extended box
3b lift mills mess
3b lift mills mess 552
Pirouette
Force shower
531
441
45141
6316131
(4x,2f)
7131

4 balls
633
(4,4)
4
5550
5551
534

5 balls
5b lift

5 Clubs
20 throws

4 Clubs
15 cycles of triple-single
20 throws synchronous/asynchronous


3 Clubs
50 throws back crosses in singles
20 arms crosses Mills Mess
Head rolls: flat, vertical, behind back
50 throws flats
50 throws reverse cascade flats
50 throws sideways

Contact Juggling
10 continuous head rolls from side to side
Behind the neck roll
Front to behind the neck roll
5 new tricks
--2b palm spin
--1b palm isolation

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Perry said...

Impressive goals. If you make them all you'll be a near complete juggler.

Just one thing, no Contact Juggling goal? Although, I'm not sure what that would be.

Good luck.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Ed Provencher said...

Thanks for pointing that out Perry. I didn't even think about my contact juggling goals. I suppose I'm really focused on expanding my skills this year but don't see where else contact juggling can go for me. I could go for the acrylic scene, but I'm just not interested right now. I'll stick with the 100mm stage balls for now.

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought box tricks ("robotic juggling") looked pretty cool. i've seen a bunch of videos, but i'm unfamiliar with the terminology you're using (magnets? tumble? huh?)

would you care to make a video of all the box tricks you know with their names? i think breaking them down into components like that might help me learn more of them.

thanks!

jeff

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Ed Provencher said...

Hi there! I was referring to cigar box juggling and not to the ball pattern called "the box" so that might have caused a little confusion. If you are interested in learning to play with cigar boxes, go here: http://uvicjuggle.vicfootbag.com/Boxes/

This site has many short demonstrational videos. Good luck!

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i guess i should have realized that, huh?

thanks for the link though! i've only used cigar boxes once and will probably give them a another shot once i have enough spare cash to justify spending more money on juggling equipment.

jeff

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Ed Provencher said...

Jeff, if you dedide to buy cigar boxes, I recommend Dube Poly. They've been described as "indestructable" to me and now that I own some, I agree. They are lighter than wood boxes, and don't make the clacking noise of wood, but they will last you a very long time.

 
At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ed,

I'm also a juggler, currently working as an English teacher in Wonju, and I was looking for juggling quotes when I came across your blog.

Thank you for posting your juggling goals and the quotes on practice. I was working on five-ball patterns and contact patterns back home but haven't been juggling much since being in Korea so reading your goals was very inspiring and it has encouraged me to practice on a daily basis.

Thanks again for your blog. Please keep writing about your juggling progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home