Thursday, January 18, 2007

Classroom Juggling & Seoul Club

I've done some juggling in the classroom for my students and a few of them have videotaped me on their cell phones. I've promised to pay them a few dollars if they can send me the footage. I'll put them on Youtube.com when I get them.

I've also been in contact with the owner of the only juggling store in Korea. I wanted to know if the Seoul Juggling Club was still getting together. I only managed to go to a couple of meetings before the club came to a halt. It seems there aren't any indoor public gymnasiums like in the US. The only places you will find an indoor basketball court is a middle school, high school, or college gym. I'm not entirely deterred. I think the club organizer might not have really investigated the possibility of using one of the school facilities. If I am going to be helping to get this club a permanent place to practice, I'm going to make sure it is nearby my home. I will be meeting with the store owner tomorrow to discuss the options.

Quote of the Day
When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable. ~Clifton Fadiman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home