Sunday, January 22, 2006

Ben Thompson


Here is 16 year old Ben Thompson and I at WJF II.

Ben Thomspon's Beginner ball routine was extremely advanced for this division. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I recall Ben getting 16 points or so for his routine.

I talked with Ben a little after his winning performance about which division he planned on competing in for WJF III. He told me he would go into the Intermediate division because he will turn 17 before the next event takes place which automatically moves him out of Beginner.

This is going to make both the Beginner and the Intermediate divisions more competitive. I believe this because Ben crushed the other Beginners and his leaving will be much appreciated by all of them. Also, the Intermediates make up a large group of talented jugglers and Ben's own talent will push this group further.

By the way, Ben is also an excellent club juggler.

Quote of the Day
By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired. ~Nikos Kazantzakis

1 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, didn't he succesfully flash 7 clubs at the very end of his routine? :) definately great with clubs too... lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home