Monday, February 20, 2006

WJF Pulls Trashy Comment [1]

I read a trashy statement on the new WJF website about how the WJF II was pulled off without "one person in bare feet"[2]... and now it's gone.

I wonder if someone told Jason Garfield how immature it makes him and his organization look when he makes comments like that or if he realized it himself. Either way, the WJF's image is far better off for pulling the comment from the website.

I believe, in order for the WJF to gain respect as a sporting event, it must send a strong message that it is a class act. Respectable people and organizations do not have the inclination to make jokes at the expense of others. Instead they focus on building on their own strengths.

If you truly desire to be funny, try a little self-depriciation. In other words, make fun of yourself.

[1] I've been corrected. The trashy comment was in the WJF newsletter and not on the website which explains why I thought it was pulled.

[2] Quote is from memory.

Quote of the Day


Error is a hardy plant: it flourisheth in every soul. ~Martin Farquhar Tupper

2 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I believe that comment was only on the WJF newsletter. I don't think it ever was on the site.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Ed Provencher said...

That's right. When I started writing this post, I was going to just write about the comment I read, then I couldn't find it again (because I didn't look at the newsletter again) and the post reflects that I thought it was pulled. Thank you for clarifying that, lachlan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home