Sunday, April 29, 2007

Without Borders



I've recently come across a group of entertainers who call their group "Performers Without Borders". They similar to "Clowns Without Borders" in that they are trying to raise awareness of conditions of poverty and suffering while relieving that same suffering through circus arts performances.


I don't aspire to be a clown, yet. But I do like the idea of taking my circus skills to remote places where a little fun can make life's problems disappear for a little while.




I would love to put in my application to go, but I have major performing plans of my own that will keep me busy until January 2010. Basically, for the next 20 months I will be developing my skills and expanding my network of international juggling friends so I can travel around the world for one year while attending a juggling festival on as many weekends as possible. I'm calling the trip the "Do What You Love World Tour".


When I return from my trip, I hope to see another announcement from the Performers Without Borders about Project 2010. I would be delighted to contribute to such an organization.




Quote of the Day

What we need to do is learn to work in the system, by which I mean that everybody, every team, every platform, every division, every component is there not for individual competitive profit or recognition, but for contribution to the system as a whole on a win-win basis. ~W. Edwards Deming (1900 - 1993)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home