Thursday, May 24, 2007

Juggling Video Search Engine

Someone with the handle "Spencer" posted a new Juggling Video Search Engine in rec.juggling yesterday. This search engine can be used to search any online video database.

The creation of this new search engine was inspired by discussion about the recent increase in juggling video websites and the sense of overwhelm someone might feel searching through each of them.

This new search engine might simplify things from the users perspective. I tried a search for "hat" in the hopes of finding hat juggling videos, but I found a lot of other unrelated videos. The search engine includes video websites like google video and metacafe which host more than juggling related videos.

I've submitted my feedback to Spencer. I would like to see the search engine limited to video websites that are juggling/circus related in order to eliminate non-juggling/circus videos from the search results.

This limit would also encourage people to post their videos in the related video websites instead of places like google video, etc. In turn, the juggling related websites will develop faster.

Quote of the Day
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb. ~Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a cool idea.

I host my juggling vids (I make mostly tutorials) on YouTube and will continue having them there for a couple of reasons, one of which is to expose a whole audience of non-jugglers to juggling and to get people who have that vague interest to actually start juggling.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Ed Provencher said...

JH,
How difficult would it be to upload the videos to both YouTube and one of the juggling sites?

What are your tutorials called? I'd like to see them. Maybe I can link to them.

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
This is Spencer, and thanks for mentioning me here. I'm working hard on improving the search engine, and if anybody has suggestions for me you can contact me at spencer@jugglecentral.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home