Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Not attending EJC 2007

Well, it's final. I will not be attending the EJC in Athens this summer. I made the decision yesterday. It turns out that the plane ticket to Athens will cost me $2150. That's about $1000 more that it would have if the travel agent had made my reservation when I asked him to.

With my hotel, food & leisure activities, and the week of unpaid time off from work, my total expenses for one week in Athens would have been near $4000.

That is enough money to keep me travelling in 2009 for about 2 months in Europe while I'm on my Do What You Love - World Tour. As much as I'd love to go to the EJC this year, I want to do the tour more.

Quote of the Day
In this life we get only those things for which we hunt, for which we strive, and for which we are willing to sacrifice. ~George Matthew Adams

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Perry said...

Damn, that's too bad. Screwy travel agents.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home